The sweet and spicy peach salsa recipe combines fresh peaches with lime juice, onions, jalapenos, and cilantro for a wonderful addition to fish, chicken, or pork dishes.
Fresh peaches are one of the summer’s best foods. They are normally used to make desserts and drinks. Their sweetness pairs well with the flavors of salsa, too. This peach salsa recipe is easy to whip up using traditional salsa ingredients. You are basically substituting the peaches for the tomatoes in traditional tomato salsa.
While the peach salsa can be eaten immediately after it is made, for best results, make this salsa the night before serving so the flavors have a chance to blend. This will also soften the peaches and onion to a nice consistency.
Peaches are also amazing in desserts like Easy Strawberry Peach Crostata Recipe and Fresh 3 Ingredient Peach Ice Cream. Fresh peaches are also great in savory dishes like Spicy Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Peaches.
Peach Salsa Ingredients:
- Fresh peaches
- Fresh lime juice
- Shallot or garlic
- Red onion
- Jalapeno peppers
- Fresh cilantro
- Salt and black pepper
Peach Salsa Recipe Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a large glass bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
Jalapenos can vary greatly in spice level. To control the spice level, start with a very small amount of jalapeno pepper and taste before adding more. If you like it really spicy, you can leave the ribs and seeds in the peach salsa.
If you want to reduce the intensity of the flavor of the red onion, soak it in a cup of water for 10-15 minutes before using.
Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. The longer the salsa sits, the more the flavors combine.
Serve with foil packet citrusy white fish or other minimally seasoned fish, chicken, or pork recipe. It would be delicious with Blackened Fish Tacos or as a side dish with Instant Pot Whole Chicken with Lemon and Garlic. The peach salsa can also be served in place of regular salsa with tortilla chips.
- 6 fresh peaches, pits removed and cut into small pieces
- 3 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 3 Tablespoon red onion, cut into small, thin slices
- 1-2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, seeds and veins removed, and very finely minced
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large glass bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- To control the level of spiciness, start with a small amount of jalapeno peppers and increase the amount to your preference.
- Cover the bowl and store in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 4gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
Calculated nutritionis an estimate and may not be accurate. Please double check calculations.