Need an easy dessert recipe? This strawberry peach crostata recipe is a summer fruit recipe using fresh, in season strawberries and peaches. Or switch it up and make a blueberry crostata instead! Serve with vanilla ice cream for a fresh, delicious and easy summer dessert.
One of my favorite parts about summer is the fruit. Blueberries and peaches are my all time favorites and I love creating delicious summer fruit recipes. A few years ago I made a super simple rustic blueberry tart recipe that was just divine. I couldn't believe how easy it was to make. This summer I opted to change things up and use a mix of strawberries and peaches.
A crostata is basically an Italian tart. You simply mix together fruit with sugar, pile it in the middle of pie crust, fold, bake and eat. It's super simple. You can really use whatever fruit you want but this combination of strawberries and peaches is amazing.
I used a homemade pie crust, but a store bought one would work in a pinch. I usually prefer a pate brisee crust, which just means it uses all butter. But you can use any pie crust that you can roll out.
If it's hot, like it is here in Vegas, you need to move a little quickly with the crust. You don't want the butter to melt before the crostata bakes. Make the crust, roll it out, then carefully spoon the fruit in the middle of the crust. Make sure to leave a good 2″ of crust around the edges.
Nest, just fold the dough edges up around the outside of the fruit. Press the seams down a little. If any of the dough breaks or you get a hole, just patch it back together. You can bake the crostata as is, but an egg wash and sugar adds a nice finish to the dessert.
And that's it! Just bake and let the pie cool a little before serving. I actually bake mine right in my toaster oven so I don't have to turn the big oven on in an already very warm house. Serve with a side of this easy homeade ice cream and maybe even some homemade whipped cream.
Easy Strawberry Peach Tart
- 2 fresh ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick of butter, cold and cubed
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 egg
- sugar for sprinkling on top
- Mix peaches, strawberries and vanilla together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add flour, sugar and salt in a bowl. Use a pastry cutter to cut in the butter until it is pea sized. Add 1/4 cup of cold water and stir until moist. Add a little more water, a tablespoon at a time until the do begins to form a ball. Use your fingers and hands to be sure before adding too much water. Shape into a ball and flatten into a disk shape.
- Roll dough onto a floured surface to you have about a 1" circle. Transfer to parchment paper and a baking sheet. Spoon fruit onto the pastry (not the juices), leaving about a 2" border around it. Fold the edges over the dough and press the seams together.
- Beat egg and brush it over the dough, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until the crust is golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 210kcal Calories from fat 60|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This article may contain affiliate links.