This simple slow cooker pork chops recipe is sweet with just a hint of spice.
We don’t really eat much pork except for bacon. But every once in a while I want to eat pork chops. My favorite way to cook pork chops is to coat them in a homemade seasoned breading and then bake. But pork chops also hold up very well in a slow cooker.
Use bone in pork chops for the best results in a slow cooker. Like chicken, I prefer dark meat on the bone in a slow cooker. But feel free to use whatever kind of pork chop you prefer.
This recipe needs a 4 quart slow cooker and can be left to cook all day. If you need to feed a larger family, this slow cooker recipe is easy to double. Just make sure to use a larger slow cooker.
I wasn’t sure what to expect with a sauce made of tomatoes, peaches and soy sauce but it’s really really tasty. It wasn’t nearly as fruit tasting as the slow cooker orange chicken recipe. It was more of sweet tangy barbecue.
The pork chops cook up nice and tender and it’s easy to just slip the meat right off the bone to discard.
Spicy Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Peaches
7 hrCook Time
7 hrTotal Time
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 4 bone in center cut pork chops
- 1 (15 oz.) can sliced peaches
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the pork chops. Brown the chops, turning once, for 6 minutes. Drain on paper towel then place in a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Drain the peaches but reserve the juice in a mixing bowl. Add the tomato sauce, water and soy sauce and stir until blended together. Add the rosemary, thyme, basil and cayenne pepper and stir until blended in. Pour the mixture over the top of the pork chops.
- Lay the peaches evenly over the top. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 7 hours or until the chops are tender and cooked through.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Spicy Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Peaches is part of the 30 day Slow Cooker Challenge! Get all the recipes and information on the Slow Cooker Challenge Page.This article may contain affiliate links.