Healthy Southwest Chicken Wraps are packed with healthy foods like black beans, chicken, spinach, and corn all wrapped up in a whole wheat wrap. Easy and nutritious!
Every busy family needs go to easy dinner recipes. Southwest chicken wraps are one of those recipes. Your family is going to love eating these southwest chicken wraps. You are going to love how easy they are to make.
The chicken wraps are a great way to use up leftover chicken. Make an Easy Slow Cooker Whole Chicken with Vegetables Recipe and save the leftovers to make wraps later in the week.
The wraps are good for lunch or dinner on the go. You can make the filling ahead of time and fill the wraps at the ball field. Or you can prepare the wraps so they are ready to eat in the car on the way to piano lessons.
And extra bonus these southwest chiken wraps are packed with nutritious ingredients. They have fresh veggies and two different types of protein. Wrap them all up in whole wheat wraps and these will keep your family full and fueled.
Southwest Chicken Wrap Ingredients:
- Black beans
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Cooked chicken, chopped
- Spinach or similar greens
- Whole wheat wraps (we used LA Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat wraps)
Southwest Chicken Wraps Directions:
Drain and rinse the cans of black beans and corn. Add them to a mixing bowl. You can also use pinto beans if you prefer that type of bean. Next, add the salsa and spices to the mixing bowl. You can use any kind of salsa or even pico de gallo. Make a batch of Easy Slow Cooker Salsa Recipe to use. Stir it altogether.
Next, add the cooked diced chicken. and stir until mixed well. You can use leftover chicken or grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store to use. If you need to use up some chicken breasts, check out How to Poach Chicken to cook it quickly for wraps and salads.
Once the filling is ready, make the wraps. Start by spreading spinach leaves or lettuce onto a wrap. You can use tortillas or any other sandwich wrap you like.
Use a 2 tablespoon portion scoop to scoop 6 tablespoons of mixture (3 scoops) onto each wrap.
Roll each wrap up and cut in half before serving. You can eat immediately or wrap up to eat later. The salsa may make the wrap a little soggy if you wait. So you could always just make the filling and the fill the tortillas when you are ready to eat.
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup corn (drained from a can)
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon chili powder (depending on your taste and how spicy you like it)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup spinach or similar greens
- 4 whole wheat wraps (LA Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat wraps)
- Add beans, corn, salsa and spices to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add chicken and stir until mixed well.
- Spread spinach leaves onto wrap and use a 2 tablespoon portion scoop to scoop 6 tablespoons of mixture onto each wrap.
- Roll and cut in half before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 759mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 11gSugar: 4gProtein: 26g