Bake up a quick peach bread in mini mason jars for easy on the go eating for picnics or dinner.
One of my favorite things to do for picnics or eating on the run is to put food in jars. My 10 Minute Rice Salad Recipe is great in a jar and on the go. Dr. Pepper Cake in a Jar are another favorite mason jar treat. After making 3 Ingredient Pineapple Bread a while ago, I got the idea to change up the fruit and bake it in mason jars.
Quick and Easy Peach Bread Baked in Jars
Peach bread is just like pineapple bread only you use peach pie filling instead of pineapple. You still only need three ingredients making this a super simple recipe to whip up.
Just use a large bowl and wooden spoon to dump and stir. We used peach pie mix so make sure to get that. Peaches in heavy syrup may also work, but we haven't tried it.
Stir it all together until a dough wet soft dough. The batter will be thick and gooey. That's a technical term – gooey. I love peaches so it was hard not to just eat the dough.
Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough into greased mason jars. You can really use any size mason jar you want, but I would stick with smaller jelly and jam jars. These are the little 4 oz jars. I'm not sure how the bread would bake up in a larger jar but it would just need more time.
Only fill the jars about 1/3 full. The bread will rise a lot and the goal is to get it to bake right to the edge of the jar so you can put a top on it if you want to.
If you don't have jars, just scoop these in to a muffin tin or even a bread loaf to make one big loaf of peach bread.
When the bread is done, let it cool completely. You can leave them in the jars as a gift or for on the go. Or pop them out and serve as little peach bread muffins.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1 can (20 oz) Peach Pie Filling
- 18 small mason jars or a muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Generously grease small mason jars or muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar and mix well. Stir in peach pie filling. Mixture will be thick and stuff and almost hard to mix. Continue to mix (it may take a little elbow grease and a few minutes) until combined well.
- Using a 3 tablespoon portion scoop, scoop 1 scoop into each jar or muffin tin.
- If using jars, Bake on a baking sheet for 15-18 minutes or until brown and set in the center. Otherwise, bake in a muffin tin as usual.
- To remove from jars, it's easiest to twist the muffin out.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 5569kcal Calories from fat 1084|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 120g||185%|
|Saturated Fat 23g||115%|
|Dietary Fiber 40g||160%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This article may contain affiliate links.