This 3 ingredient pineapple bread recipe uses self-rising flour to help give it a lift! Make with crushed or diced pineapple.
I love making bread. I started making bread years ago and found I have a knack for working with yeast bread in particular. I love making anything from monkey bread from scratch to Homemade Focaccia Bread Recipe with Olives and Garlic. I even love to bake bread in a slow cooker to make slow cooker dinner rolls!
Quick Pineapple Bread Recipe
But homemade bread can require quite a few ingredients and a little time and attention. Until now! This super simple and easy 3 ingredient pineapple bread reminds me of making beer bread years ago. Dump, stir, bake and done.
The trick to this quick bread is self-rising flour. Self-rising flour should be available at any grocery store. If you can’t find any, just add 3 teaspoons of baking powder and 1 teaspoon of salt to the recipe.
This is basically a dump and stir recipe. Combine flour and sugar together in a bowl and mix well.
Add pineapple and continue to mix. You can use either canned crushed pineapple in this recipe or use fresh pineapple. We diced up a fresh pineapple and added some water to the mix. If you use the canned pineapple, you wont’ need the water. Just use the liquid in the can. You also may want to cut back on the sugar if using canned pineapple as that liquid will be sweet already.
At first it may seem dry and you’ll want to add water — but don’t unless using fresh pineapple per the recipe below!
Trust the process and the mixture will come together. Plus you can get a little arm workout in while mixing.
Mix until the dough forms, but don’t over mix of the bread will get tough.
Once the batter has come together, pour batter into a greased bread pan.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until center is set. Start checking around 45 minutes to see if it is done.
Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing it. It is of course delicious slathered in butter!
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 can, 15 ounces cubed or crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- OR, as I used: 2 cups fresh pineapple and 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan.
- Combine flour and sugar together in a bowl and mix well. Add pineapple and continue to mix. At first it may seem dry and you'll want to add water -- but don't (unless using fresh pineapple) and the mixture will come together.
- Get a little arm workout in while mixing.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until center is set.
- Let cool before slicing.