Rolo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt plus more for garnish
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter - softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini pretzel twists - broken
- 18 Rolos candies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and powder and sea salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add both sugars and the softened butter. Cream with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add the eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition. Add the vanilla and mix to incorporate.
- Pour in half of the flour mixture and beat on medium speed with an electric mixer until combined. Add the remaining flour mix and continue to beat on medium speed just until you no longer see any white flour. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pretzel pieces. Roll the cookie dough into 2 inch balls.
- Open up each cookie dough ball and insert a Rollo candy piece into the middle. Roll the dough back into a ball and place on the parchment lined cookie sheet, at least 3 inches apart. Sprinkle with additional sea salt. (These cookies are large and they spread out so it is best to bake 6 at a time on a cookie sheet).
- Bake for 10 minutes and allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to completely cool. Actually, the cookies taste best warm while the caramel inside is still warm and gooey!