Need a quick and easy dinner idea that the whole family will devour? Then it's time to celebrate Manwich Monday with an easy sloppy joes recipe with a twist! This post brought to you by Manwich. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Growing Up Gabel.
Who doesn't love a good sloppy joe? I loved them as a kid and as a mom, I love that sloppy joes are an easy dinner that I can whip up quickly.
I've been craving meatball subs lately and Manwich Monday gave me the idea to make easy sloppy joes meatball subs.
I was pretty sure Manwich would make a great sauce for a meatball sub. I chose to use frozen, store bough meatballs because it was just one of those days, but cooked homemade meatballs will work, too.
Pick your favorite rolls and cheese. Bolillo rolls are our current favorite rolls so I used those along with a cheddar cheese mix.
Making the subs is easy. Place the meatballs in a medium sized pot. Our rolls took 3 meatballs each.
Cover with your choice of Manwich sauce. I used the thick and chunky. Stir to cover the meatballs with sauce and heat over medium high heat until the meatballs and sauce are hot.
No need to thaw the meatballs, either. They'll thaw right in the sauce.
Once the meatballs and sauce are warmed through, scoop the meatballs in to the buns. Spoon a little extra sauce on top. Cover with cheese and bake.
Sloppy joe meatballs subs are amazing! We all loved them!
Check out this fun meatball maker – if you have time to make some yourself!
Easy Sloppy Joe Meatball Subs
- 18-20 cooked meatballs
- 1 can Manwich Sloppy Joe sauce
- 6 sub buns
- Shredded cheese
- Place meatballs in a medium sized pot. The meatballs can be frozen, but they must be already cooked.
- Empty one can of Manwhich Sloppy Joe sauce in to the pot with the meatballs. Heat the sauce and the meatballs over medium heat until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Use a spoon to place the meatballs in buns. Our buns took 3 meatballs each but fill your buns up. Spoon more sloppy joe sauce over the meatballs.
- Place the buns with the meatballs on baking sheet. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 800kcal Calories from fat 499|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 55g||85%|
|Saturated Fat 21g||105%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|