Easy pretzel turtle candy recipe is made festive for Valentine’s Day with white chocolate and colorful red, white and pink sprinkles.
Valentine’s Day Pretzel Turtle Candy Recipe
After a busy season of Christmas baking in December, these festive Valentine’s Day pretzel turtle candies are super fun and easy to make. They take about 15 minutes total to throw together. And about 2 seconds to eat! They are salty, sweet, and gooey.
These are really easy to make with kids especially the sprinkle part. And they make easy gifts to drop off to special people on Valentine’s Day, along with Valentine’s Hot Chocolate Bombs.. Pair with some Valentine’s Day Chocolate Truffles for a really special treat.
Pretzel Turtle Candy Ingredients:
- Salted Pretzels
- Chocolate Covered Carmel Candy like Rolos
- Pecans, whole halves
- White Chocolate Chips
- Colorful Valentine’s Candy or Sprinkles of Your Choice
Pretzel Turtle Candy Recipe Instructions:
Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and arrange salted pretzels on it in a single layer. The salt makes a big difference so make sure to stick to regular, salted pretzels.
Place one chocolate covered caramel candy on top of each pretzel.
Bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes or until chocolate softens and starts to melt (be careful not to over bake).
While pretzels are in the oven, melt white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe dish for 1-2 minutes, be careful not to leave it in the microwave too long or it will become hard. Melting chocolate disks of any color, like pinks or reds, can be used instead of white chocolate chips.
Remove pretzels from the oven. Immediately press one pecan onto the top of each candy.
Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the top. When drizzling the white chocolate, you can spoon the melted chocolate into a sandwich bag and cut one of the corners off to make your own piping set or you can use a spoon.
Sprinkle Valentine’s candy and/or sprinkles on top quickly before the chocolate cools.
Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely. To cool the turtles more quickly, they can be put in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place and will last at least 1 week.
Valentine's Day Turtles
- 1/2 to 1 1/2 cups White Chocolate Chips (see note)
- Colorful Valentine's Day candies or sprinkles
The Same Number of Each:
- Small salted pretzels
- Whole pecan halves
- Chocolate covered caramel candies like Rolos
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and arrange pretzels in a single layer.
- Put one chocolate covered caramel candy on top of each pretzel.
- Bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes or until chocolate softens and starts to melt. Be careful not to over bake.
- While pretzels are in the oven, melt white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe dish for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove pretzels from oven and press one pecan onto the top of each candy and drizzle melted white chocolate over the top.
- Sprinkle Valentine’s candy and/or sprinkles on top quickly before the chocolate cools.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
The amount of white chocolate chips needed depends on how many turtles you are making. We used about 1 cup for 28 turtle candies.