Make unicorn party favors with paper cups, glitter paper and glue. Then just fill with candy or other small treats.
One of the best trends in the last year or so has been the popularity of unicorns. While my almost 13 year old daughter is not impressed, my Lisa Frank loving tween and teen self can't help but love all things unicorn still. And you know we always try to be at least a little bit “on trend” this year.
Last year we created these super adorable unicorn Mother's Day Cards. You can make these into unicorn note cards or in this case party invitations. Just cut off the bottom portion of the front print out. Then make your own print out with the party details for the inside of the card. They are so cute and glittery!
Turning paper cups into unicorn party favors is easy. Then just fill the cups with small unicorn themed treats. You could also make DIY Fairy Dust Lip Balm for Kids and put them in the cups. Or make trays of Rainbow Fairy White Chocolate Bark Recipe, break up in to pieces in small plastic bags and put them in the cups.
DIY Unicorn Party Favor Cup Idea
DIY Unicorn Party Favor Cups Supplies
You can grab a lot of these supplies from your local dollar store on online.
•Super Glue or Hot Glue – the super glue works a little faster and holds better but hot glue works, too
•Paper or Felt Flowers – we found paper flowers at the dollar store and felt ones online
Optional: Unicorn eye stickers
DIY Unicorn Party Favor Cups Instructions
1. Start by making the horns. Cut out two large unicorn horns from the gold glitter paper. You'll basically be cutting a triangle. Cut them a little bit larger than you wan them. It’s easier to trim the horns to a smaller size than to cut out a new larger horn if you cut too small. Once you make one horn the size you like, use it as a guide to make the rest.
2. Next glue the horns to the inside of the cups. If you decide to use these cups to drink out of, glue the horn on the outside of the cup. You can cover it later with paper flowers. If you are using them for party storage, glue the horns on the inside for a cleaner look.
3. Now it’s time for your paper flowers! These exact paper flowers can be purchased at your local Dollar Tree. Once you pick your flower prints, glue them to your cups.
Set the cups aside and allow the horn and flowers to dry completely. When they have dried, use a black marker to draw on the eyes. You may want to practice on a blank piece of paper to perfect your technique before drawing on the actual cups. Black sharpies are permanent, so you only get one shot per cup!
If you don't quite trust your eye drawing skills, you can also use unicorn eye stickers.
- Black Sharpie
- Super Glue
- Cut out two large unicorn horns from the glitter paper. Cut the horns on the larger side. It’s easier to trim the horns to a smaller size than to cut out a new larger horn if you cut too small!
- Next, glue the horns to the inside of the cups. Super glue works better to keep the horns on but you can also use hot glue.
- Glue the paper flowers on to the cups.
- Set aside and allow the horn and flowers to dry completely.
- When the glue is dry, draw on those unicorn eyes with a black Sharpie. You may want to practice on a blank piece of paper to perfect your technique before drawing on the actual cups. Black sharpies are permanent, so you only get one shot per cup!