Homemade strawberry daiquiri recipe made with fresh strawberries, rum, lime juice, simple syrup, and ice.
This fresh and fruity homemade daiquiri recipe eliminates the need for sugary prepared mixes full of artificial colors and flavors. With just a few ingredients and your blender, you’ll be sipping a delicious frozen drink before you know it.
Homemade Strawberry Daiquiri
Strawberry Daiquiri Ingredients:
- Fresh strawberries
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Light rum
- Simple Syrup
How to Make a Homemade Strawberry Daiquiri
If not already made, prepare a batch of simple syrup. You can make a large amount of syrup and keep it in your fridge.
For a non-sugar syrup, combine 1/4 cup of monk fruit sweetener and 1/2 cup of water in a small skillet. Stir to combine and heat until the sweetener dissolves completely, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Simple syrup is normally prepared using a 1:1 ratio of refined white sugar to water. In general, monk fruit sweetener is considered a 1:1 replacement for sugar, but in this case, a 1:2 ratio (one part sweetener to two-parts water) works well without being overly sweet.
Place the strawberries, lime juice, rum, and one-quarter cup of simple syrup into a blender and blend until smooth.
Add the ice a little at a time until thoroughly combined. Turn the blender off and remove the lid. Taste and add additional simple syrup, if desired, and blend for another 30 seconds to combine.
To serve, pour into glasses and serve immediately garnished with lime wheels and/or whole strawberries.
For a mocktail version, replace the rum with 1/4 cup of water.
- Sugar-Free Simple Syrup
Sugar-Free Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup monk fruit powdered sweetener
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 oz light rum
- 5-6 large ice cubes
- If needed, prepare the simple syrup or sugar-free simple syrup.
- To make sugar-free simple syrup combine monk fruit and water in a small saucepan. Stir to combine. Heat over low until the sweetener dissolves completely. Allow to cool completely.
- Place the strawberries, lime juice, rum, and one-quarter cup of simple syrup into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the ice a little at a time until thoroughly combined. Turn the blender off and remove the lid. Taste and add additional simple syrup, if desired, and blend for another 30 seconds to combine.
- To serve, pour into glasses and serve immediately garnished with lime wheels and/or whole strawberries.
Strawberry Daquiri Mocktail:
Omit the rum and replace it with one-quarter cup of water.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 518Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 100gFiber: 5gSugar: 91gProtein: 2g
Calculated nutritionis an estimate and may not be accurate. Please double check calculations.