I love to try new sangria recipes! I also love pineapples so combining the two for a summer outing was easy. White wine is combined with pineapple juice and soda pop to create a twist on ta traditional sangria recipe.
I’m not much of an alcohol drinker, but I love Sangria – probably because it tastes like Kool-Aid! The first time I made this sangria I took it to a friends house for a pool party and it was a huge hit. When I heard that this week’s Sunday Supper theme was picnics, I new that pineapple sangria would be a great addition.
Sangria works really well for picnics because it’s best to make the drink a day before hand and let it set so the flavors can mellow. Just pack it up in a Thermos or other cooler for a tropical drink on the go. My peach sangria recipe would also work well if you aren’t a fan of pineapples. Mango Pineapple Green Tea Sangria Mocktail is also great to bring along for the kids or anyone who prefers a non-alcoholic beverage.
I’m not a big fan of adding soda pop to sangria — it’s just not authentic! But, in this case, I conceded and it was really good. If you want sweeter sangria, though, just add more simple syrup.
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 bottle white wine
- 1 orange, 1 lemon, 1 lime
- Lemon-lime soda pop
- 2 Tablespoons (or more) simple syrup
Pour pineapple juice and wine in to a pitcher (I prefer one with a lid).
Add in simple syrup, tasting to get it to desired sweetness.
Squeeze juices from orange, lemon, and lime in to the pitcher. Then slice the fruit and put in to the pitcher as well.
Chill pitcher until read to serve -- at least a few hours, but I like to do it a day in advance.
When ready to serve, add ice and 1 cup of lemon-lime soda.
Adapted from Moments with the Montanos
Make sure to check out the other recipes featured in today’s Sunday Supper Picnic event! And don’t forget to join us at 7:00 PM EDT tonight for a #SundaySupper Twitter Chat!
Salads and Slaws:
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad from Juanita’s Cocina
- Caprese Spinach Salad from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Chicken Chopped Salad from Table for Seven
- Cold Pea Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Creamy Potato Salad with Roasted Pears, Cilantro and Romano Cheese from Gourmet Drizzles
- German Potato Salad from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Hawaiian Cole Slaw from Curious Cuisiniere
- Italian Chopped Salad from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Kale Pasta Salad from Hip Foodie Mom
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mizeria (Polish Cucumber Salad) from From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- PA Dutch Pepper Cabbage from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pineapple Slaw from I Run For Wine
- Spaghetti Salad from Country Girl in the Village
- Tortellini Pasta Salad from Supper for a Steal
Sandwiches and Mains:
- Avocado Chicken Salad Sandwich from Momma’s Meals
- Caramelized Onion, Goat Cheese, and Tomato Sandwich from Magnolia Days
- Grilled Bratwurst and Onion Open-Face Sandwiches from The Urban Mrs
- Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Green Goddess Sauce from Foxes Love Lemons
- Herbs-Garlic and Parmesan Croissants from Basic N Delicious
- Indian Spiced Chicken Drumsticks from Soni’s Food
- Japanese Picnic Bento Box from The Ninja Baker
- Mini Chicken Salad, Avocado and Cheese Subs from Big Bear’s Wife
- Moroccan Fried Chicken from MarocMama
- Pepper, Spinach and Goat’s Cheese Quiche from Happy Baking Days
- Picnic Basket Buttermilk Fried Chicken from Noshing with the Nolands
- Salmon in a Jar from Healthy. Delicious.
- Smoked Trout Deviled Eggs from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Spam Musubi fromKimchi Mom
- Apricot Oat Nut Bars from Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispie Treat Pops from In The Kitchen With KP
- Cocoa Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fruit Salad from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Fruit Salad with Honey Port Drizzle from Family Foodie
- Loaded Butterscotch Bars from Vintage Kitchen
- Nathan’s Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treat Truffles from Chocolate Moosey
- Shandy Popsicles With Raspberries from Ruffles & Truffles
- Texas Sheet Cake with Pecan Frosting from Food Lust People Love
- Triple Chocolate Punch Bowl Cake from Neighborfood