Oreo peanut butter banana pancakes are a fun and delicious way to start a weekend!
All week long I make quick and easy breakfasts, which means mostly my kids eat cereal. I used to get up early and make big, filling breakfasts and they wouldn’t eat it. You have to pick your battles and I lost that one. But I still love breakfast food so when the weekends arrive, I make crazy fun breakfasts. One of our favorites is pancakes.
My kids are happy eating good old chocolate chip pancakes. Sometimes I make it fun and make Chocolate Chip Pancake Pops. But I like my pancakes a little more exotic. One of my favorite crazy flavor combinations is Elvis’s favorite peanut butter, bananas and chocolate. I’ve made Mini Elvis Pancakes before and they were delicious. So hey, why not add in a few Oreos in place of the chocolate chips and see how that goes?
I know these may sound a little crazy, but trust me, the flavor combination is delicious. If you don’t have Oreos on hand substitute chocolate chips. And if you prefer waffles, check out these Chocolate and Pecan Waffles for another fun breakfast treat.
- Preheat a griddle or non stick pan over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together pancake mix, water and 1/4 cup peanut butter until combined. Gently stir in 1/2 cup crushed Oreos and sliced banana. Once mixed, add in another handful of Oreos.
- Melt a pat of butter on prepared griddle or pan. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle to make 5 pancakes.
- When pancakes start to slightly bubble and edges start to cook, flip the pancakes.
- Once cooked on both sides, remove from griddle and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat another 1/4 cup peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Stack pancakes, top off with Oreos, slices of bananas, and melted peanut butter.