Celebrate fall at breakfast with these fun fall chocolate and pecan waffles! Add fall spice, pecans and fall colored chocolate candies for a great way to start off the new season.
Bring on the reds, oranges and yellows, fall is almost here! We will still be wearing shorts on Halloween so I have to fake my way through fall a little. I bake or cook anything I can that's made with pumpkin, apples or anything even remotely related to fall.
Pecan waffles are my absolute favorite waffle ever. So this recipe started with a pecan waffle base. I have several different waffle recipes I like.
Overnight yeast waffles are amazing, but they take a little pre-planning. When I don't plan ahead, I just use this easy waffle recipe. You could also use a homemade baking mix to make them or a mix from a box.
Once the waffle batter is ready, mix in the pecans and chocolate candy. You can buy packages of pecan pieces so you don't have to chop the pecans.
Cook the waffles according to the waffle maker's directions. I love my Oster Waffle Maker. It's non-stick ceramic and works great. I almost always burn my fingers trying to get the waffle out of the maker.
Here's a good trick – just tip it upside down on to a plate or platter. Serve with warmed maple syrup or try this homemade buttermilk syrup for an extra touch of yum!
- Any waffle mix or your favorite homemade waffle recipe
- Crushed pecans
- Pre-heat waffle maker according to directions.
- Prepare waffle mix according to recipe or mix directions. Add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice , if desired.
- Mix well and add 1/2 cup crushed pecans and 1/2 cup of fall colored m&m's (red, orange, yellow, and brown)
- Pour waffle mix in your waffle maker and turn on.
- Cook until your waffle maker timer or light goes off
- Here's a fun tip - unplug your waffle maker and turn upside down to get your waffle out perfectly!
- Serve with warm maple syrup or buttermilk syrup and a few extra crushed pecans and m&m's
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 218kcal Calories from fat 95|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 11g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|