Gluten free pancakes made with almond flour are a delicious way to pack a healthy punch at breakfast – or dinner! Made in the blender with almond flours these gluten free pancakes are ready in a hurry, too.
When my family went gluten free earlier this year, I checked out many different sources to find gluten free recipes. I’m not a big fan of gluten free flour mixes, so I stick mainly with almond flour and coconut flour. I purchased The Gluten Free Almond Flour Cookbook by Elana Amsterdam to help me learn how to cook with almond flour. I haven’t yet gotten past the pancake recipe!
I also added oil in to the recipe. I’ve never made pancakes without some sort of fat and the one time I didn’t put the oil in the pancakes, they were a disaster. Choose whatever oil your family likes best. I often use grapeseed or avocado oil because they don’t have any flavor.
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 Tablespoon homemade vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (not meal - flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot powder (or corn starch)
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- Blend together eggs, agave nectar, vanilla and water in a blender on high for about a minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend again until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop out about 2 Tablespoons of batter on to a pre-heated skillet on medium heat. Cook on one side until bubbles slightly appear on the uncooked side. Watch closely to avoid burning. Flip over and cook on the other side until completely cooked through.