Mix it up this fall with Pumpkin Spice Chex puppy chow recipe! Five simple ingredients plus about 15 minutes are all you need to whip up a pumpkin pie treat everyone will love.
Who doesn’t love Chex puppy chow or muddy buddy mix? This fall, switch up the traditional peanut butter and chocolate flavor for everyone’s favorite fall flavor – Pumpkin Spice!
Pumpkin Spice Chex Puppy Chow Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow Mix Ingredients:
Like most Chex puppy chow recipes, this pumpkin spice variation is simple and quick to make. It only requires 5 ingredients and is ready in about 15 minutes.
To make Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow you will need:
- Chex or square cereal
- Pumpkin puree
- Wilton white melting wafers or white chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar
- Pumpkin pie spice (make homemade pumpkin pie spice if you need some)
Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow Mix Directions:
Start by combining the powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a large plastic bag. It needs to be large enough to fit all of the cereal in it. Set the bag aside.
Next, melt the white chocolate wafers or white chocolate chips. You can use a microwave or a small pot on the stove to melt the wafers.
If you use a stovetop, melt the wafers in a large pot to leave room to mix the cereal in right in the pot. Fewer dishes to do! In the microwave, place the chips or wafers in a bowl and cook for 10 second intervals. Stir between each interval until completely melted.
Mix together the melted wafers and the pumpkin puree. You can use a large bowl or mix it together in the pan from melting the chips.
Add the cereal to the white chocolate and pumpkin mix and gently stir until all the cereal is coated.
Once the cereal is coated in the pumpkin puree mix, add it to the large plastic storage bag with the powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice mix.
Again, make sure to use a nice large bag to leave space to mix. Seal it tight and shake it around to coat the cereal.
Just looking at the finished snack mix, it doesn’t really look like pumpkin. So add in a few fall colored sprinkles to get people wondering what flavor it is.
This is such a fun and unusual Chex puppy chow recipe that’s perfect for fall!
- 3 cups rice Chex cereal
- 5 oz white Wilton melting wafers
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- Combine 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar and 4 Tabelespoons of pumpkin pie spice in a big plastic storage bag. Close and shake to mix thoroughly. Set aside
- Melt 5oz of your white Wilton melting wafers. Melt the wafers in a microwave on 50% heat in 30 second intervals, while mixing in between or melt in a small sauce pan over low heat on the stove.
- Once the white melting wafers are completely melted, add 1/3 cup of pumpkin pie purée to the bowl and mix well.
- Add 3 Cups of rice Chex cereal to the pumpkin and white wafer mix and stir well but gently so the cereal doesn't get crushed.
- Stir to coat the cereal almost completely.
- Pour the coated cereal into the bag of powdered sugar and shake well until the powdered sugar coats the cereal.
- Pour the mix into a serving dish or bowl and add a few fall colored sprinkles. Enjoy!