Whip up this easy no churn cherry ice cream recipe this summer for a fresh and fun frozen treat!
One of my favorite parts of summer is making homemade ice cream with my kids. They love getting in the kitchen with me to make their favorite ice cream flavors and then of course eat it on a hot summer day.
A few years ago I discovered an easy three ingredient ice cream recipe that doesn’t need an ice cream maker.
I’ve had fun making different variations on the ice cream like adding fresh peaches to make Peach Ice Cream. We made Red White and Blue ice cream recently, and the red part was just begging for cherries!
To make the cherry ice cream, you just replace the vanilla extract. Instead you use cherry juice from a jar of maraschino cherries to give the ice cream a cherry flavor. Chopped maraschino cherries help give the ice cream another fun pop of cherry flavor.
Mix the cherry juice in to the condensed milk first just so you don’t over mix the ice cream.
Once the ingredients are stirred together, it’s time to freeze the ice cream. You can use an actual ice cream container, but any container that’s freezable will work. Even a plastic bowl and or a metal loaf pan will work fine.
Cherry Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice (from the jar of cherries)
- About 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- Whip heavy cream in the bowl of a stand mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together condensed milk and cherry juice to combine.
- Gently fold the condensed milk mixture in to the whipped cream.
- Stir in chopped cherries.
- Pour the mixture in to a freezer friendly, air tight container.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours.
This article may contain affiliate links. cherriesIce Cream