Spice up football season with a new dip recipe to munch on while watching the game! Beer cheese dip is easy to make ahead so you can enjoy the game!
It's officially football season which means it's time to find new recipes to munch on during the game. My go to football watching snack is a yummy dip recipe. They are great for watching alone or at a tailgate. I have some old stand by favorite dip recipes like Mexican Corn Dip and homemade onion dip . But I also like to liven things up and try something new. This football season, it's all about beer and cheese.
This beer cheese dip is a cold dip that's easy to whip up and let sit in the fridge until you're ready to eat it. If you want a hot dip, check out Jalapeno and Beer Queso. The recipe calls for basic dip ingredients like sour cream, cream cheese and cheese. A darker beer will give the dip a stronger flavor but you can use whatever you like or have on hand.
Just mix it all together and let it sit in the fridge. The longer it sits, the better it tastes as the flavors meld. I'd make it at least a day ahead of time.
When you're ready to serve the dip, put it in a dish and top with green onions for garnish if you want. Or not. Sometimes that's too fussy for me and I just need to eat it.
Beer cheese dip is great served with your choice of crackers or pretzels. It's also great with homemade pretzels, pita chips or even tortilla chips. Or you know, just use a spoon. Whatever your heart desires!
Cheesy Beer Dip
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup of beer (darker is better but you can get away with what you have on hand, if needed)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz sour cream
- 3 green onion stalks, chopped
- 1 packet of ranch salad dressing seasoning
- 1 -2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- Combine the softened cream cheese, shredded cheese, green onions and sour cream. Slowly add the beer in a few tablespoons at a time (you will want to add it slowly so it doesn't overpower the dip).
- Add in the ranch seasoning packet as well as the seasoning salt. Mix well.
- Refrigerate the dip several hours or overnight to allow the flavors to mix together.
- Serve with pretzels, crackers or chips.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1972kcal Calories from fat 1621|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 180g||277%|
|Saturated Fat 103g||515%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This article may contain affiliate links.