A good party dip recipe that is quick and easy is nice to have in your cooking repertoire. Mexican Corn Dip is one of the best party dips I’ve ever eaten or made. This party dip recipe is easy to make, as you will see in the video, and I’ve had total strangers ask for the recipe.
It’s football season – hooray! I love football season and often get together with family and friends for a game. I’ve never officially tailgated but I do have a selection of fun dip recipes to choose from to take to holiday or family gatherings that are great for tailgating, too. Or I might make a simple veggie dip with some sour cream and a homemade onion soup mix.
Mexican Corn Dip is a party dip recipe that I stole from my very good friend, Kim. Every single time I have been at a party where this party dip is served, people have asked for the recipe. The ingredients are not necessarily what you’d expect, but I would suggest you at least double the recipe because it will disappear quickly.
The really nice part about this party dip recipe is that it is very flexible. You can use fresh or canned jalapenos. If you want the party dip on the spicier side, use fresh and keep the seeds and membranes in. I’ve used all different kinds of cheeses in the party dip just depending what I have on hand or want to use up. You can buy pimentos or chop up roasted red peppers. If you don’t like olives, take them out. It’s up to you! But I recommend following this party dip recipe as written the first time so you get the full flavorful experience at least once.
Just one tip – you MUST use Best Foods or Hellman’s mayonnaise in this dip. Trust me on this. I made the dip today to get a better photo and forgot about the mayo brand. I used Trader Joe’s mayo and the dip was a flop. It was still good, but it wasn’t the same at all.
Mexican Corn Dip
- 1 11 oz can of Mexicorn (Green Giant brand)
- 2 oz of chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Best Foods or Hellmans mayonnaise
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 small jar chopped pimentos
- Drain all liquids.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place mixture in to an oven safe casserole dish.
- Bake at 375 degree for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until golden brown and bubble.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or Fritos.
Warm Ups (Appetizers):
- Bacon and Onion Dip by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken Fajita Dip and Quesadillas by Chocolate Moosey
- Crab Rangoons by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Double Cheese Dill Scones by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Fried Yucca With Pink Sauce by Basic N Delicious
- Grilled Corn Dip by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Grilled Gameday Nachos by Supper for a Steal
- Homemade Potato Chips w/ Blue Cheese Sauce by girlichef
- Liptauer Cheese Spread by Magnolia Days
- Mahogany Baked Chicken Wings by The Dinner-Mom
- Mexican Corn Dip by Growing Up Gabel
- Pizza Dip by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Posh Pigs In a Blanket by The Weekend Gourmet
- Pretzel Nuggets by I Run For Wine
- Roasted Garlic & Tomatillo Salsa Verde by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Savory Baked Pinwheel’s by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Sesame Glazed Cauliflower “Wings” by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Stuffed Banana Pepper Bites by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sweet Potato Hummus by Alida’s Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Skins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- VJ Catch-erole by My Other City By The Bay
Game Time (Main Dishes and Sides):
- 1,2,3,4,5 Chinese Spareribs by The Urban Mrs
- Bacon Burger Sliders by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Beef on Weck by Healthy. Delicious.
- Carrot Slaw by The Foodie Army Wife
- Cheerwine BBQ Pulled Pork by Nik Snacks
- Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Quesadillas by Cookin’ Mimi
- Chicken, Brie and Apple Turnovers by Shockingly Delicious
- Easy Grilled Chicken Caesar Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- French Onion Chicken Sandwiches by Foxes Love Lemons
- Frito Olé by Home Cooking Memories
- Gomoku Treasure Rice by NinjaBaking.com
- Grilled Fajita Kebabs by CuriousCuisiniere
- Hatch Chile Pimento Cheese Burgers by Juanita’s Cocina
- Italian Tuna and Shells Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pressed Brick Sandwich by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pulled Lamb Barbecue Sandwiches by The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Soup by Neighborfood
- Smoky Turkey Burgers by Webicurean
- Snorker and Spicy Slaw Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
- Tandoori BBQ Chicken by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Tortilla Hot Dogs by La Cocina de Leslie
Overtime (Drinks and Desserts):
- Coconut Funfetti Ice Cream Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Funfetti Sugar Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Individual Elvis Pies by Treats & Trinkets
- Portuguese Sangria by Family Foodie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.
Hi there! This recipe sounds delicious, and I will be trying it this weekend. Thank you for sharing it.
Enjoy! It’s one of our favorites!
Simple and delicious just how I like a party dip
Would you believe that Mexicorn was one of my favorite sides when I was a kid. I couldn’t eat it enough and now I see it is in this dip – oh my!!!
Haha, love the Hellman’s disclaimer. There’s nothing else like it! You KNOW this is a great recipe if people keep asking for it. Awesome!
Cindys Recipes and Writings says
Very different, Camille!
Renee - Kudos Kitchen says
Great minds think alike I guess. I too made a corn dip for this edition of #SundaySupper.
Yours looks delicious and I love the addition of the olives and pimentos!
kathia Rodriguez says
I couldn’t watch the video, love the dip
LOVE this kind of dip! But, I couldn’t watch the video. When I tried, it said it was private?
Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious says
Sweet video, excellent dip!
I love anything Mexican. This dip definitely would not disappoint…looks delicious!
This sounds so delicious and wonderful. Love all the flavors!
What IS it about Best Foods mayo? No other brand compares–not even close–it’s crazy! This dip sounds amazing!
Yum!! I love all the flavors going on here and this is perfect game day food!
Family Foodie says
What a fun dip to make with the family! Can’t wait to try this one.
I love Mexican style dips, especially when there’s corn involved. But what if I don’t like mayo, like can’t stand the stuff & refuse to use it in anything (lol)…do you think subbing in Greek yogurt would totally change it?
This dip sounds so great! I love corn and can’t wait to try it. Thanks for the mayo tip 🙂