I love to try new sangria recipes! I also love pineapples so combining the two for a summer outing was easy. White wine is combined with pineapple juice and soda pop to create a twist on ta traditional sangria recipe.
I’m not much of an alcohol drinker, but I love Sangria – probably because it tastes like Kool-Aid! The first time I made this sangria I took it to a friends house for a pool party and it was a huge hit. When I heard that this week’s Sunday Supper theme was picnics, I new that pineapple sangria would be a great addition.
Sangria works really well for picnics because it’s best to make the drink a day before hand and let it set so the flavors can mellow. Just pack it up in a Thermos or other cooler for a tropical drink on the go. My peach sangria recipe would also work well if you aren’t a fan of pineapples. Mango Pineapple Green Tea Sangria Mocktail is also great to bring along for the kids or anyone who prefers a non-alcoholic beverage.
I’m not a big fan of adding soda pop to sangria — it’s just not authentic! But, in this case, I conceded and it was really good. If you want sweeter sangria, though, just add more simple syrup.
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 bottle white wine
- 1 orange, 1 lemon, 1 lime
- Lemon-lime soda pop
- 2 Tablespoons (or more) simple syrup
- Pour pineapple juice and wine in to a pitcher (I prefer one with a lid).
- Add in simple syrup, tasting to get it to desired sweetness.
- Squeeze juices from orange, lemon, and lime in to the pitcher. Then slice the fruit and put in to the pitcher as well.
- Chill pitcher until read to serve -- at least a few hours, but I like to do it a day in advance.
- When ready to serve, add ice and 1 cup of lemon-lime soda.
Adapted from Moments with the Montanos
Make sure to check out the other recipes featured in today’s Sunday Supper Picnic event! And don’t forget to join us at 7:00 PM EDT tonight for a #SundaySupper Twitter Chat!
Salads and Slaws:
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad from Juanita’s Cocina
- Caprese Spinach Salad from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Chicken Chopped Salad from Table for Seven
- Cold Pea Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Creamy Potato Salad with Roasted Pears, Cilantro and Romano Cheese from Gourmet Drizzles
- German Potato Salad from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Hawaiian Cole Slaw from Curious Cuisiniere
- Italian Chopped Salad from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Kale Pasta Salad from Hip Foodie Mom
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mizeria (Polish Cucumber Salad) from From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- PA Dutch Pepper Cabbage from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pineapple Slaw from I Run For Wine
- Spaghetti Salad from Country Girl in the Village
- Tortellini Pasta Salad from Supper for a Steal
Sandwiches and Mains:
- Avocado Chicken Salad Sandwich from Momma’s Meals
- Caramelized Onion, Goat Cheese, and Tomato Sandwich from Magnolia Days
- Grilled Bratwurst and Onion Open-Face Sandwiches from The Urban Mrs
- Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Green Goddess Sauce from Foxes Love Lemons
- Herbs-Garlic and Parmesan Croissants from Basic N Delicious
- Indian Spiced Chicken Drumsticks from Soni’s Food
- Japanese Picnic Bento Box from The Ninja Baker
- Mini Chicken Salad, Avocado and Cheese Subs from Big Bear’s Wife
- Moroccan Fried Chicken from MarocMama
- Pepper, Spinach and Goat’s Cheese Quiche from Happy Baking Days
- Picnic Basket Buttermilk Fried Chicken from Noshing with the Nolands
- Salmon in a Jar from Healthy. Delicious.
- Smoked Trout Deviled Eggs from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Spam Musubi fromKimchi Mom
- Apricot Oat Nut Bars from Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispie Treat Pops from In The Kitchen With KP
- Cocoa Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fruit Salad from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Fruit Salad with Honey Port Drizzle from Family Foodie
- Loaded Butterscotch Bars from Vintage Kitchen
- Nathan’s Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treat Truffles from Chocolate Moosey
- Shandy Popsicles With Raspberries from Ruffles & Truffles
- Texas Sheet Cake with Pecan Frosting from Food Lust People Love
- Triple Chocolate Punch Bowl Cake from Neighborfood