Printable Christmas puzzles are a great way to bond with family. They are great for winter break as a way to challenge your brain. And they provide a fun way to spend downtime in the festive spirit. They’re eco-friendly, cost-effective, and easily customized for all age groups. This Christmas, forget about store-bought games and dive into the world of printable puzzles. They’re not just games; they’re memories waiting to be made.
Printable Christmas Puzzles
Get into the Christmas spirit with festive printable Christmas puzzles. Enjoy a set of 10 different Christmas puzzles you can print, cut, and then put together. The puzzles vary in difficulty, making them great for all ages.
These printable Christmas puzzles include 3 Christmas Mix and Match puzzles where you create a charming Christmas scene. You’ll also get 3 traditional jigsaw-type puzzles with varying sizes and shapes. Then, try to differentiate Christmas trees in a Christmas Tree I-Spy puzzle. Last, test your Christmas vocabulary with the 3 Christmas-themed word search puzzles.
Whether you’re cozying up by the fireplace with hot cocoa, keeping the kids entertained during the holiday break, or adding an interactive element to your festive parties, these puzzles are bound to bring joy.
Christmas Mix and Match Puzzles
These puzzles are ideal for children and anyone young at heart. Here’s how they work:
- Print: Start by printing out the Christmas-themed images. Each image will be divided into squares. It is best to print them on cardstock for durability. Laminating them will also make them sturdier, so they last longer.
- Cut: Using a pair of scissors, carefully cut out the squares. Make sure the edges are smooth to allow easy mixing and matching.
- Play: Once you have all your pieces, mix them up! The object is to recreate the original pictures by arranging the squares correctly. You can make the game more challenging by mixing all the pieces from all the different images and then sorting out the three pictures.
Traditional Christmas Puzzles
We can’t forget about the classics. Traditional jigsaw-style puzzles are a great way to engage the minds of young and old.
- Print: Print out the puzzles on cardstock. You may also want to laminate these. You could also print these out on paper and then glue them to heavier cardboard. Another option is to print them a sheet of sticker paper and attach that to cardboard.
- Cut: Cut out the puzzle pieces. Go slowly so they will fit when you put them back together.
- Play: Assemble the pieces to recreate the original image. There are three different puzzles with varying degrees of difficulty geared towards younger children.
Christmas Tree I Spy
A playful twist on the classic “I Spy” game, I Spy puzzles are a fantastic way to improve observational skills.
- Print: The game board of decorated Christmas trees.
- Play: Use the accompanying sheet to write down how many of each tree each player can find. You can keep the game going by counting ornaments or decorations by shape or color.
Christmas Crossword Puzzles
Word lovers rejoice! We have not one but three Christmas-themed crossword puzzles for you.
- Print: Print out as many word search puzzles as you need
- Play: Find all the words! You can make this a fun group activity by setting a timer to see who can find the most words in a set amount of time.