S'mores are a favorite summer treat especially with kids. I get a little tired of the standard marshmallow, chocolate and graham cracker combination. So I decided to create three different “grown up” s'mores recipe – Chocolate Covered Strawberry S'mores, Lemon Meringue Pie S'mores, and Cinnamon Roll S'mores.
We do a lot of barbecuing. We can pretty much use our grill all year round, but summer is definitely prime barbecue season. I had a hard time deciding what to make for this week's Summer BBQ Sunday Supper. There are just too many fun barbecue recipes to choose from! But I've been wanting to make different variations of s'mores, which we often eat for dessert after a family barbecue. I headed to the marshmallow aisle and got creative!
Lemon Meringue Pie S'mores were created when I spied lemon pudding. Lemon pie filling or lemon curd would also work for this s'mores recipe. This one was hands down my favorite – lemon pudding, vanilla marshmallows, and plain graham crackers make these s'mores taste just like the classic pie.
When I found strawberry marshmallows in the grocery store, it made sense to add them to the traditional melted chocolate in s'mores. Instead of traditional graham crackers, I used chocolate graham crackers with dark chocolate. Add in the toasted strawberry marshmallow for Chocolate Covered Strawberry S'mores.
Cinnamon marshmallows spurred Cinnamon Roll S'mores. I smeared cream cheese frosting on plain graham crackers, although cinnamon graham crackers would be great, too, and then added toasted cinnamon marshmallows. These tasted just like your favorite breakfast treat!
Make sure to check out what else is being served at today's Sunday Supper Summer BBQ!
Hot Off the Grill:
- Best Grilled Pork Chops by Hezzi-D's Books & Cooks
- Bleu Cheese Burgers by Juanita's Cocina
- Korean Grilled Flank Steak by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Swedish Blonde Burgers by Eat, Move, Shine
- Hawaiian Hot Dogs by La Cocina De Leslie
- BBQing the Whole Hog, Cuban Style by Webicurean
- Meat Stuffed Jalapenos by The Urban Mrs
- St. Louis Ribs by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Fish Kebabs with Mint Chutney by Soni's Food
- Jalapeno Bacon Burgers by Cookin' Mimi
- Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Bacon Burgers by In the Kitchen with KP
- Curried Pork Sliders with Peanut Sauce & Apple Slaw by Foxes Love Lemons
- Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breasts by Sustainable Dad
- Ditch Dogs by Daily Dish Recipes
- Bison Kabobs by Noshing With The Nolands
On the Side:
- Spicy Baked Beans by The Messy Baker
- Wisconsin Roasted Corn by Curious Cuisiniere
- German Potato Salad by The Foodie Army Wife
- Grilled Baby Potatoes With Peppers And Onions by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Sausage Potato Salad by girlichef
- Lightened Up Fully Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Homemade Mustards by A Stack of Dishes
- Spicy Grilled Corn Salad by Magnolia Days
- Layered California Pasta Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Potato Salad by In Fine Balance
- Spicy Bacon and Corn Salad by Hip Foodie Mom
- Three Corns with Japanese Accents by Ninja Baking
- Cucumber Bruschetta by Healthy. Delicious.
- Grilled Zucchini by Supper for a Steal
- Chicken Spinach & Pasta Salad by Family Foodie
- Red, White & Blue Parfait by Country Girl in the Village
- Root Beer Float Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Gluten Free Brownies by Blueberries & Blessings
- Grilled Stone Fruit Parfait by Pescetarian Journal
- Blueberry Sorbet by Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Tres Leches Cake by Happy Baking Days
- Beach Cupcakes by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Grilled Banana Dessert Bar by Home Cooking Memories
- Berries & Cream Pie by Treats & Trinkets
- Raspberry Lemonade Frozen Yogurt Pops by Runner's Tales
- More S'mores by Growing Up Gabel
- Blackberry Peach Cobbler by Neighborfood
- Cornbread Cookies by Pies & Plots
- Funfetti Fluff Cheerio Treats by What Smells So Good?
- Pineapple Pudding by Granny's Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
In the Cooler:
- Cherry Caipiroska by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Mint Tea Slushes by Cindy's Recipes and Writing
- Prickly Pear Margaritas by Ruffles & Truffles
Make sure to join us Sunday at 7 PM EDT for our #SundaySupper Twitter Chat!This article may contain affiliate links.