Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie is the perfect, no bake treat for those hot summer days. The secret to this pie is the delicious homemade crust – don’t skip it! It’s worth it!
I find so many “icebox pie” recipes that I want to make over the summer. My major hang up, though, is that most of them contain Cool Whip, which I refuse to use. I’ve tried substituting homemade whipped cream, but it doesn’t always work out well. So I was pretty excited when I saw this recipe called for homemade whipped cream! Plus it’s peanut butter and chocolate, which is just an all around good thing.
This peanut butter pie is decadent and perfect for late summer. The filling is light and creamy and full of flavor. It was a hit with both kids and adults, which is always a bonus.
You can use a store bought crust for this, but the cinnamon in the homemade version adds so much to this pie that I highly recommend making your own.
I made one and a half this recipe to fit an 11″ round baking dish to serve 8 people. We only had 3 slices left over!
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- ¾ cups mini chocolate chips
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter and cinnamon.
- Firmly press mixture in to the bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract using a hand held beater. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Add whipped cream to peanut butter mixture, folding in gently. Just keep gently stirring! It will eventually mix together.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread peanut butter mixture over cooled crust. Allow to chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Original recipe from Go Bold With Butter.