Slow Cooker Pineapple Ham is an easy and delicious dinner perfect for special occasions or any night. Smoked ham is cooked in pineapple juice, brown sugar, and mustard and then glazed at the end for a sweet main dish.
Aside from sandwiches, we don’t really eat much ham. It’s usually reserved for Christmas or Easter dinner. Even then I usually go with a spiral sliced ham. But thanks to this slow cooker pineapple ham recipe, we will be having ham more often.
I usually buy a pretty large ham when we’re cooking for a holiday. The problem is that those large hams will never fit in any slow cooker I own. I happened upon small 3-4 pound applewood smoked hams at Costco. They are perfect for a slow cooker.
The ham is already cooked so really you are just heating it up and adding flavor. I cooked it for 1 hour on high and then another 6 hours on low. I felt it was a little overdone so next time I’ll start peaking in at 4-5 hours.
I used pineapple juice in the ham glaze. You could also drain a can of pineapple or substitute orange juice if you can’t find pineapple juice.
The star of this recipe is in the glaze. Once the ham is cooked, remove it to a platter and make a glaze right in the crock of the slow cooker.
The glaze is super sweet so don’t just dump it back on the ham. I’d ladle it over a little bit at a time to each piece as it’s served. It is so yummy!
I served the ham with slices of fresh pineapple. You could also use canned or just skip the pineapple altogether.
Slow Cooker Pineapple Ham with Sweet Mustard Glaze
- 3 to 5 lb. cooked ham
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 Tablespoon cold water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- Place ham in a 4-6 quart slow cooker, depending on how large the ham is.
- In separate bowl, mix together brown sugar, mustard, and orange juice. Pour mixture over ham.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Turn the slow cooker down to LOW temperature and cook for 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove ham from slow cooker to a platter and keep warm. Turn the slow cooker back up to HIGH.
- Mix cold water and cornstarch in small bowl until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Whisk the cornstarch mixture into drippings in the slow cooker and cook until sauce begins to thicken, whisking several times.
- Serve ham with thickened glaze spooned over slices.