This easy buffalo shrimp salad is made with frozen shrimp, tossed in buffalo sauce and then added to a salad.
Wednesdays around here are just a little bit hectic. By Wednesday, everyone is starting to get tired – including me! Wednesday also happens to be the busiest day of our week with activities in the evenings. We used to eat out every single Wednesday night, but this year I was determined to stop that habit and eat at home instead.
Because we’re trying to get homework and evening chores done while I’m also making dinner, I need quick and easy meals on Wednesday nights. I created this easy buffalo shrimp salad recipe to make a delicious dinner in a snap.
Easy Buffalo Shrimp Salad Recipe
Salads are a quick and easy way to feed a family on a busy weeknight. Everyone can help cook, too. You can add protein to the salad when you serve it as a main dish. Since it’s Lent season and we try to eat fish at least once a week.
You can leave the shrimp plain, too, if your kids don’t like spicy food. Just toss the cooked SeaPak Popcorn Shrimp with the buffalo sauce to get it well coated.
In keeping with the “buffalo” theme, I added celery and carrots to the tomatoes and onions in the salad. I also tossed in some goat cheese because I forgot to get blue cheese. Toss it all together and serve with either blue cheese or ranch salad dressing. It took me about 15 minutes to put the salad together for a quick and easy dinner.
- 1-2 cups SeaPak Popcorn Shrimp, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup homemade buffalo sauce
- Shredded lettuce
- 1-2 Tablespoons diced tomatoes
- 2-3 stalks celery, diced
- 1-2 Tablespoons diced carrots
- 1 Tablespoon red onion, diced
- Blue cheese
- Blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
- In a large bowl toss together the lettuce, tomatoes, celery, carrots, onion and blue cheese. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, gently toss the cooked SeaPak Popcorn Shrimp with the buffalo sauce until well coated. Add the buffalo shrimp to the salad.
- Serve salad with blue cheese or ranch dressing.