As long as you have the oil heated up for latkes, you might as well use it to make dinner. Salmon patties are not something I grew up eating, this is from my husband’s family. I got the recipe from my mother-in-law, who cooked by “dump this and then that” instructions. After a few tries, I got the mixture right and added a few spices to give the patties a nice flavor.
I serve them with a side of spaghetti and marinara sauce because that’s how my husband’s grandmother served them. I also include a green vegetable, though.
- 3 cans boneless, skinless salmon
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- Old Bay seasoning
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup oil for frying (I use grapeseed oil)
- In a bowl combine all ingredients. Use as much or as little of the spices as you like.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan until hot.
- Shape salmon mixture in to patties, about 3 inches in circumference.
- Fry patties in oil, flipping to cook both sides until browned
- If the patties stick when you try to turn them, then they are not browned yet. They will flip easily when they are browned.