I can not believe that I haven't shared this recipe yet! Sometimes I just take for granted that all of our favorite meals are already here! This is one of my favorite soups to make. It a very hearty and filling meal in a bowl and comes together quite quickly. Be careful of the potatoes — if you get too many this quickly becomes potato soup instead of clam chowder.
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups dairy (milk or half and half -- any combination to equal 2 cups total)
- 1 cup homemade chicken broth
- 3, 6 oz cans chopped clams
- 1 pound potatoes, cut in to 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups corn
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine and cook for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle in flour, stirring and cooking for another minute.
- Gradually add dairy and chicken broth, whisking constantly to avoid clumps.
- Drain liquid from clams and add 1 cup of the broth to the pot. Set clams aside.
- Add potatoes, cover pot and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add clams, corn, and seasonings to pot. Stir to combine. Heat through.
- Serve with crust bread and a tossed salad.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 904kcal Calories from fat 82|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 9g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This article may contain affiliate links.