Here is a fun multicultural breakfast treat – Irish cream French toast. It's so delicious, you don't even need syrup – just some bread, eggs and homemade Irish cream coffee creamer. Of course this would be great for St. Patrick's Day!
Oh breakfast – I love to be fancy at breakfast. German oven pancakes, red velvet pancakes, bananas foster French toast … apparently I like to be fancy with bread. I'm Ok with that! So when I had a couple of comments on my homemade Irish cream coffee creamer recipe about how delicious it sounded, but they aren't coffee drinkers, well, what a shame to waste such a yummy treat. So I made french toast with it. This turned out so yummy my 4 year old son kept saying “I just can't stop eating this!” I had to agree!
The creamer has quite a bit of sugar in it so watch it when it's cooking or it'll burn because sugar helps things brown up. The french toast is also pretty sweet so I didn't put out the syrup with it – just a few dabs of butter and we were all set.
Irish Cream French Toast
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup Irish Cream coffee creamer
- Hearty bread, like French or Challah bread
- Heat griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs and Irish Cream coffee creamer.
- Slice bread in to thick slices, about 1" thick.
- Melt some butter on your hot griddle or pan.
- Soak both sides of bread in the egg/cream mixture so that it is damp but not falling apart.
- Fry each piece of bread on griddle until golden brown. The sugar in the creamer may cause the bread to brown quickly - just turn down the heat a bit.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 29kcal Calories from fat 17|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|