When I was a little girl there was a Woolworths store in the next town north of where we lived. Inside the Woolworth' store was a lunch counter. I can't remember if they served food, but they did serve hot fudge sundaes. We rarely went to the Woolworth's store but one day for some reason my mom and I went and had hot fudge sundaes. That sundae was so good that I still remember it today, some 30 years later. I've never had hot fudge sauce quite as good as Woolworths.
Until now. This hot fudge took me right back to that Woolworth sundae. When I made this last summer, everyone in my family agreed that this is the best hot fudge sauce we'd ever had. And it took about 10 minutes to make. I used high quality, 70% cacao Sharfen Berger dark chocolate and I'm pretty sure that's what took this sauce over the top. But I think you could use semi-sweet chocolate chips and get a very good sauce.
- 4-5 squares dark chocolate (or 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sucanat (or brown sugar)
- A pinch of salt
- A small dash of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Put all ingredients in a heavy bottom sauce pan.
- Heat over medium-low until melted together.
- Serve hot or warm. Store in refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 33mg Sodium: 66mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 17g Protein: 2g