A homemade tortilla recipe may sound like a lot of work, but they are so easy to make! They just take a little time to roll out and cook, but it's worth the effort because homemade flour tortillas are absolutely delicious!
This flour tortilla recipe is easy! The tortillas just take a little time to roll and cook. When my kids are older, I'm putting them in charge of making the tortillas! Plus, these are so much more delicious than store bought tortillas! But even I will admit that I'm usually lazy and just buy a pack instead of making them myself. The trick is to make a big batch (preferably not while trying to get dinner on the table) and freeze them.
I had a little trouble getting my tortillas to be nice and round. A tortilla press would probably make the process go faster and create nice, round tortillas!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
- Stir in water and oil.
- Knead to combine until you have a nice dough.
- Divide dough in to 8 portions.
- Roll out each portion in to a 7-inch circle.
- Cook tortillas over medium heat on a griddle or in a frying pan for 1 minute on each side.