This is my favorite dinner roll recipe and I’ve been making it for years. The rolls are light and buttery and a perfect addition to any meal. I’ve tried freezing the rolls and then baking later, but I’ve never had good luck getting the rolls to rise after they’ve been frozen.
Perfectly Easy Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 packages active dry yeast (2.25 tsps) (not instant)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-4 1/2 cups flour
- Combine yeast and water in a large bowl.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- Stir in butter, eggs, and salt (let the butter cool or you'll cook the eggs). Beat in flour, 1 cup at a time until dough is too stiff to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or up to 4 DAYS.
- When ready to bake, grease a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Turn dough out on to lightly floured surface.
- Divide dough in to 24 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece in to a smooth round ball and place balls in even rows in pan.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake until rolls are golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter if desired.
Full Time Mama says
Rolls! YUM! This looks SO good! I love carbs, it’s horrible! LOL!
Thanks so much for sharing with Delicious Dish Tuesday! We’d love it if you’d like back to the hop! Come back tonight and share another yummy recipe!