I am having a Pampered Chef party this weekend because for the month of October they have their stoneware 20% off. I have a party once a year and have been slowly adding to my stoneware collection. Stoneware not only cooks better (I think), but it doesn't contain any questionable chemicals (like non-stick Teflon).
This recipe was given to me by a Pampered Chef consultant a few years ago and we really enjoy it. This is a fabulous recipe for a crowd. I've served it at birthday parties and pot lucks and it is always a hit! I've also switched out the chicken filling for pizza fillings to make a “Pizza Braid”.
The “braiding” part can be kinda tricky, but don't over think it and even if it looks funny, it'll still taste good!
Chicken Club Braid
Dough (or any pizza dough)
- 1 scant Tablespoon yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (or any oil or melted butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-3 1/2 cups flour (I use 2 cups unbleached all purpose and 1 cup white whole wheat)
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 4 slices crisp bacon, chopped
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- In a bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer combine water, yeast, and sugar.
- Add in salt, oil, egg, and 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- Stir with wooden spoon or mix with paddle until smooth.
- Change to dough hook and add in rest of flour.
- Stir to mix.
- Hand knead for 10 minutes or about 5 minutes with the dough hook.
- Let rest for 1 1/2 hours or until dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, bacon, 3/4 cup cheese, mayo, mustard and lemon pepper and mix well. Roll out dough in to a large rectangle, about 12 inches long and 8 inches wide.
- Cut sides of dough into 8 strips, about 1/2 inches wide and 3 inches long. I use a pizza cutter to do this.
- Scoop chicken filling evenly over center of dough.
- Starting at one end, lift one strip of dough, twist one turn and lay across top of filling. Repeat, alternating strips of dough to form braid.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 678kcal Calories from fat 295|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 33g||51%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|