Quick and easy black bean soup made with canned beans is ready to serve in less than 30 minutes!
Ah, beans. I’m always a little nervous about eating too many beans because as my dad likes to say, “beans, beans are a magical fruit! The more you eat the more you ….!” Ha ha! There is no doubt that beans are super healthy, though.
This back bean soup is super tasty, filling and best of all it’s ready to go in less than 30 minutes. It’s been a great addition to your lunch and dinner menu.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 Tablespoon cumin
- 3 1/2 cups cooked black beans (or 2 15 oz cans) - with water/juice from beans
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce (more or less depending on if your beans or stock were salted)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
- Stir in cumin and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add beans and stock to the pot.
- Turn heat up to high and bring to a simmer.
- Turn heat down and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat. Stir in soy sauce and lemon juice.