Pesto Shrimp Roll Sandwiches
Pesto shrimp roll sandwiches are my version of a poor man’s lobster roll. Cooked shrimp is mixed with a pesto mayonnaise and served atop lettuce on a big crusty bun. The shrimp can be prepared a day or two before for easy entertaining or on the go meal.
My husband has a deep love for lobster. We have a standing joke about what’s for dinner – lobster! Every night! Our Sunday Supper theme this week is Fathers Day so I wanted to make something lobster-esque for my husband for his big day. It occurred to me that I could make a lobster roll but use shrimp instead of the lobster. It wouldn’t be exactly the same, but shrimp is up there in his list of favorite foods so I knew it’d be close enough.
I added the pesto at the last minute because I thought it’d taste delicious. It did! I served the shrimp salad on French bread because that’s what my husband wanted, but I would have preferred a little less bread so a small bread roll or even a hot dog bun would work. I do think it’s important to toast whatever bread you use, though. The shrimp is so full of flavor that just a simple side salad or maybe coleslaw would go well with it.
- 1½ pounds large or extra large shrimp, cooked, deveined and peeled
- ¼ cup mayo
- ¼ cup pesto
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roughly chop the shrimp in to smaller pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and pesto until combined. Whisk in lemon juice, Old Bay, salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Serve shrimp salad on crusty rolls, French bread or even hot dog buns.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of Dad’s favorites from Sunday Supper!
Dad’s Favorite Main Dishes:
- Father’s Day Ribs by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chorizo Burgers by La Cocina de Leslie
- Whiskey Sliders by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Beer Can Chicken by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pesto Shrimp Roll Sandwich by Growing Up Gabel
- Cast Iron Filet Mignon with Wine Sauce by I Run For Wine
- Grilled Tilapia with Blueberry Mango Salsa by Runner’s Tales
- Chicken Wings for Dad by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Fish with Black Bean Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spaghetti with Homemade Meatballs by Curious Cuisiniere
- Tamale Pie Ring by Treats & Trinkets
- Grill-Roasted Chicken & Vegetables by Foxes Loves Lemons
- Grandma Papina’s Lamb Stew by Webicurean
- Barbecue Beans and Ribs by Food Lust People Love
- Skillet Meat Lasagna by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Panko Crusted Snapper by Supper for a Steal
- Gluten Free Bourbon Honey Grilled Pork Chops by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Boiled Shrimp for Father’s Day by The Catholic Foodie
- Dad’s Famous Baby Back Ribs by Family Foodie
- Turkey Stuffed Peppers by Ruffles & Truffles
- Lightened Up Fish Biriyani With Fresh Dill by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Cauliflower, Potato, and Cheddar Pierogi by Healthy.Delicious
Dad’s Favorite Appetizers and Sides:
- Spicy Caramelized Bacon Wrapped Smoked Oysters by Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuna Pasta Salad – Dad’s Recipe by Juanita’s Cocina
- Grilled Bok Choy by Shockingly Delicious
- Bacon-Cheddar Potato Salad by Home Cooking Memories
- Couscous Tabbouleh by Soni’s Food
Dad’s Favorite Desserts
- Dad’s Cheesecake by Table for 7
- Cheese Crackers by The Urban Mrs
- Coconut Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Chewy Oat Cookies with a Banana Bread Influence by What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Nutter Butters by Pies and Plots
- Shoot for the Stars Chocolate Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Golden Coconut Bars by Magnolia Days
- Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by NeighborFood
- Velvet Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pecan Pie by Small Wallet Big Appetite
Come celebrate Father’s day with the Sunday Supper Team! We would love to have you join our Twitter #SundaySupper chat starting at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day to see the amazing recipes. We look forward to seeing you. To join all you need to do is follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and share your favorite tips and recipes. Be sure to check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and photos.