Nutella and Banana bread? I was a bit skeptical, but oh my goodness — this is amazing! This simple quick recipe takes only a few minutes to whip together and makes amazing gifts for friends and family.
Every year for the past six years, a group of friends of mine has gotten together for a cookie exchange in early December. I usually bring a sweet treat. Last year I made some chocolate dipped pretzels but this year I packaged up some Slow Cooker Chex Mix for something different.
One of my friends, Kim, always brings mini-loaves of banana bread (<– that’s her recipe!). She makes the best banana bread! This year she told she was going to bring Nutella Banana Bread. I pretty much dismissed the idea because it just didn’t sound good to me. I like Nutella and I like banana bread, but together? No thanks! Then Kim texted me that this was the best banana bread she’d ever made. I still had my doubts … until I tasted the Nutella Banana Bread.
This bread is heaven. Pure deliciousness. You can make one large loaf or bake in to mini-loaves. Kim baked these into small loaf pans from Michaels and then packaged them up with plastic bags and ribbon for a beautiful little gift.
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- About 3/4 heaping cup Nutella
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and use a whisk to thoroughly combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, incorporating completely.
- Add bananas, vanilla and milk to the mixer bowl and beat until well mixed.
- Add flour mixture and mix just until incorporated.
- Scoop out around 3/4 cup Nutella into a small pan. You don’t have to be exact with the measurement. Heat over low heat on the stove. Remove to a small bowl.
- Add 1 cup banana bread mixture to the Nutella and stir to mix.
- Prepare one large loaf pan or four mini-loaf pans by greasing well.
- Fill loaf pans by alternating banana bread mixture with Nutella mixture.
- Use a knife to swirl the batters together.
- Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes for a large loaf, less for mini-loaves.
- Let the loaves cool for about 15 minutes before removing from loaf pans, if you are removing them.
Recipe adapted from Chef In Training
Don’t forget to sign up to receive my newsletter so you won’t miss any other fabulous recipes!