Give homemade pizza a new twist for a fun easy weeknight dinner by making homemade pizza rolls! These cinnamon roll type pizza rolls are ¬†easy to make with Pillsbury Pizza Dough, mozzarella, pepperoni and pizza sauce for dipping. These are sure to become a family favorite.
Homemade pizza is one of our favorite dinners. ¬†I love making homemade pizza because it’s quick and easy. ¬†The kids love homemade pizza because it’s pizza! I’ve had the idea for these pizza rolls for a while and I’m glad I finally got around to making them – they were a hit!
The problem I run in to when I want to make homemade pizza ¬†is the crust. ¬†I do make my own crust, but sometimes, it just seems like too much work to make the dough from scratch. ¬†So more and more often, I’ve been skipping making homemade pizza. ¬†But Pillsbury Pizza Crust offers a great short cut especially for busy weeknights. ¬†You just pop open the can and you have crust! I loved being able to have the crust ready to go when I made these pizza rolls.
I made these rolls for a quick weeknight dinner. I popped open the can and spread the dough out. ¬†Done! Yea! ¬†Just sprinkle the dough with cheese and diced pepperoni. ¬†I used shredded mozzarella cheese, but a combination of mozzarella, Parmesan, cheddar or even feta would be a fun option.
Roll the pizza dough up from the short ends, similar to making cinnamon rolls. Just go slowly and tuck the dough as you roll for a tighter roll. ¬†If any of the dough rips, just pinch it back together. ¬†Next, slice the roll in to equal parts – I got about 9 rolls out of one can of pizza dough. ¬† If any of the cheese or pepperoni falls out, just tuck it back in or put in top of the rolls before baking.
Place each roll in to the cup of a greased muffin tin. ¬†The first time I baked the pizza rolls, I baked them all together in baking pan, but the inside dough didn’t cook. ¬†So the next time, I baked the pizza rolls in the muffin tin and it worked like a charm! ¬†You can sprinkle a little more cheese on the rolls just before baking if you want.
Once the rolls are done baking, remove from the muffin tin and serve with pizza sauce on the side for dipping. ¬†The rolls are kid approved! ¬†They were so easy to whip up for dinner and I loved saving a step by having the pizza dough ready to go.
- 1 tube Pillsbury Pizza Dough
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 pepperoni slices, diced
- Pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease the bottom and sides of the cups of a muffin tin.
- Open pizza dough and gently roll out on a flat surface. You may need a little flour to keep the dough from sticking.
- Sprinkle cheese and pepperoni over the dough.
- Gently roll dough up starting at one of the short sides of the dough rectangle.
- With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, slice dough roll in to even slices, about 9 in total.
- Place one dough slice in each muffin cup of the greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until tops are golden brown.
- Remove from pan and serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
Pizza crust that’s deliciously easy! Unroll, bake and enjoy in minutes. Pillsbury¬†pizza crust, it’s the perfect canvas for your favorite toppings.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by General Mills via Glam Media. The¬†opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the¬†opinions or positions of General Mills.