Homemade brownies can be better than the boxed mixes and these fudge brownies prove that! This brownie recipe is just as easy as any boxed mix and about a millions times more decadent. I promise that your family, and anyone else you save enough to share with, will love them.
I will admit to loving brownies from a boxed mix more than homemade brownies. There is just something about that boxed mixed that is perfectly chewing and chocolatey. Boxed brownies were my favorite until I had these fudge brownies. A friend of mine is a personal chef and she made these brownies for her daughter’s birthday a few years ago. It was love at first bite. I promise you – these are the best brownies you will ever make.
One of our daughters doesn’t care for cake so she always requests brownies for her birthday. These fudge brownies. One year I tried to sneak past my whole wheat brownies on her birthday, but she took one bite and knew I’d used a different recipe. I use this recipe to make “grilled” brownies over the summer and they are always a big hit.
I make these brownies in mini-muffin cups because they are so rich, that just a little bite goes a long way. Once I made them as regular sized cupcake, but I only filled the cups up half-way. I’ve never made them in a pan but you certainly can make them that way. Just make sure to cut them small!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate and butter. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, sugar and teaspoon.
- In another bowl combine flour and salt. Add cooled chocolate to egg mixture and mix. Then add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix.
- Spoon into desired baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.