Turn a wood slice in to a functional and decorative design feature with this fun wood slice chalkboard craft idea!
There is nothing I love better in life than an easy craft project that turns out super adorable. This chalkboard craft is just that craft! I'm still trying to figure out my Silhouette Cameo I've had for about two years so I can get beyond a basic plate craft. So if easy crafts are your jam, then read on and create this cute chalkboard using a wood slice and paint!
1. Lay the wood slice flat. If you're messy, like I am, you may want to put something underneath it just in case.
2. Use a foam paint brush and to paint the front of the wood slice with the black chalkboard paint.
3. I love painting with foam brushes, but they aren't great for detail work. Fill in as close as possible to the edges and the switch out for a smaller paint brush for the edges. In fact, you could even start with the edges and then fill in. Once the paint is on how you like, let the slice dry for about an hour. Go enjoy a glass of wassail while you wait.
5. When the chalk paint is completely dry, rub white chalk over the black paint and wipe off with damp towel, this will cure the chalk paint and prime the chalkboard.
6. Now you can write whatever you'd like, and change it up for the seasons The wood slices don't have hangers on the back so this was propped up on an easel. But you could use a wall display hanger for plates to hang it on the wall.