Treat your loved ones to a special breakfast of whole wheat chocolate pancakes with marshmallow sauce. No one will even guess that these are made with whole wheat flour.
This recipe is originally called S'mores Pancakes, but since there aren't any graham crackers in it, I just can't give it a s'more seal of approval! The pancakes are still over the top amazing! I did use yogurt instead of sour cream and I think that adding a smattering of chocolate chips to the batter would be marvelous. I was kind of surprised that there is no fat at all in this recipe, but they turned out really well. I've never made a pancake recipe without butter or oil and now I'm wondering if they are even necessary. Regardless, these are a fun and easy breakfast.
Whole Wheat Chocolate Pancakes with Marshmallow Sauce
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 6 Tablespoons plain yogurt
- 7 oz marshmallow fluff
- 4 Tablespoons water
- In a large bowl whisk together flours, cocoa, salt and baking powder. Make sure to whisk well and break up any cocoa clumps.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and eggs.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Stir in yogurt trying not to over mix.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring water to a boil.
- Add marshmallow fluff and stir to thin out.
- Make pancakes on a hot griddle or in a frying pan.
- Top with marshmallow sauce and serve.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 177kcal Calories from fat 23|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 3g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This article may contain affiliate links.