Content and/or other value provided by our partner, Target. All opinions are my own.
Planning a wedding? Ready to get started with your bridal registry but getting overwhelmed? Check out my suggestions for 5 MUST HAVE Items for your wedding registry.
My husband and I will celebrate 11 years of marriage this month. It’s kind of crazy to think that we are heading in to our second decade of marriage already. We got married during spring break while we were in graduate school. There’s nothing quite like planning a wedding during your third year of law school. One thing I was really looking forward to doing when getting married was registering for gifts. I mean, who doesn’t love to make a list of gifts for someone to buy for you. Over a decade later, here is my list of the 5 items I still use today from our wedding registry.
1. KitchenAid Mixer: I have always loved to cook. I’ve wanted a pretty red KitchenAid mixer since high school. Go ahead and put that bad boy on your registry because I can almost guarantee that someone loves you enough to buy it for you (my mom, in my case). Target carries a gorgeous KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5 Qt Stand Mixer in lots of pretty colors.
2. A nice camera: We received a – get this – 2 megapixel digital camera from my sister for our shower. Back then, that was a big time, high powered digital camera. I was so happy to have a nice camera to record our first year of memories. You might want to go a little higher than 2 megapixels, though. The Nikon P530 16.1MP Digital Camera is perfect for taking beautiful honeymoon and first year of marriage photos. Or even new baby photos, if you really want to make your mom happy.
3. Quality pots and pans: You will be cooking more meals than you ever thought possible especially if you start adding mini-mes to the equation. Register for a nice set of pots and pans that will last. My most used cookware today is a gift from our bridal shower. We registered for and received a set of Calphalon Cookware set of Calphalon Stainless Steel Cookware.
4. Wireless Speakers: Admittedly, wireless speakers were not on my registry because they didn’t exist 11 years ago. Since then, though, we’ve purchased several wireless speakers for our home. We have them in our dining room, bedrooms and backyard. If we’d had them, I’d definitely have registered for them. I’m pretty sure this SONOS PLAY: 5 Wireless HiFi System would have been on our Target wedding registry.
5. Fancy Glassware: When we registered I kind of chunked in bar ware with china – who needs it? I let my husband talk me in to adding a few sets of nice glasses to our registry. I’m so glad I did because serving beverages in plastic cups from sports events just isn’t really all that classy. I like my drinkware to be interesting though. I love this Threshold Etched Glass Drinkware Collection. It’s so unique. You might as well add this fun Threshold Bar Cart, too. We didn’t register for one of those and I wish we had.
You may have figured out that all these items can be found, and registered for, at Target. We registered at Target many moons ago and loved the Target Wedding Registry. I appreciated how easy it was to return items to Target after our wedding. Plus Target gives registering couples a 15% off coupon to use the week of the event to purchase the rest of your registry items. So you really can get everything you ever wanted.