Turn easy vanilla fudge into a star spangled sweet with one of our favorite easy 4th of July dessert recipes!
Fudge is one of my favorite dessert recipes to make. Probably because it doesn’t require any baking. My butter pecan fudge recipe is out of this world amazing!
Fudge is great in the winter, but it gets ignored all summer long. So why not add a little red, white, and blue to an easy vanilla fudge recipe to dress it up for summer!
Red White and Blue Vanilla Fudge Recipe
Beat the cream cheese until light and smooth. Let the mixer go 1 minute longer than you think. Add the powdered sugar and beat again to combine the two thoroughly. Set aside.
Pour 1/3 of the fudge in to the prepared pan. Put another 1/3 in to each of the two bowls. Add red gel to one bowl and blue gel to the other bowl and mix each one well.
Put small dollops of the red and blue fudge on top of the white fudge in the pan.
Use a clean knife to gently swirl the red and blue. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until the fudge has set.
Cut in to 1″ squares for serving.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 12 ounces Wilton candy melts in white or vanilla baking chips
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla
- Color Gels in blue and red
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Probably 1 minute longer than you think.
- Add powdered sugar and beat well.
- Prepare the color gel. Put your gel color onto the knives. Get your two bowls to mix color ready. Get an additional knife for swirling.
- In a saucepan and on low, melt candy melts and coconut oil as you stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Mix with cream cheese mixture.
- Pour 1/3 of the melted candy into your prepared pan and 1/3 into the two bowls. Add red and blue color gels and mix well.
- Dollop colors onto the white fudge in the pan and use a clean knife to swirl the colors together.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Remove from pan and remove foil from fudge. Cut into squares.
I've made this both ways - heating candy melts in the microwave and on the stove. And I have had different results each time. What usually happens with the microwave method, is that the mix of cream cheese and melted candy turns into dough and is not smooth. If that happens, simply microwave the mix in 15 second intervals, stirring after each trip to the microwave until it is smooth.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 67Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 0g
This article may contain affiliate links.