Make Thanksgiving morning fun by serving turkey cinnamon rolls! Super quick and easy to make with canned cinnamon rolls, candy, and pre-cooked bacon.
There is a lot of cooking happening on Thanksgiving. So often breakfast falls by the wayside as you prep for the main meal later in the day. But these turkey cinnamon rolls are easy enough for kids to make by themselves and without making a mess.
Turkey Cinnamon Rolls
To make the turkey cinnamon rolls, you really don’t need to cook much. You’ll need a can (or more depending how many people you’re feeding) of large cinnamon rolls. You could also use our easy Puff Pastry Cinnamon Rolls for the base of this recipe. They are also quick and easy to make.
Candy corn and candy eyes will give the turkey his face. And the feathers are made from packaged pre-cooked bacon. Now, pre-cooked bacon is not normally a staple. But don’t skip it here! These are the trick to making great looking turkeys because the bacon stands up straight so the feathers aren’t limp. You could also try to cook your own bacon but we found the pre-cooked to be perfect.
Pre-heat your oven according to the cinnamon roll package instructions. Open the package of cinnamon rolls and separate the rolls. Be careful because it can get tricky to figure out which roll is which. Use a large baking pan and place the rolls on the pan making sure to leave space in between each cinnamon roll. You don’t want the rolls to touch each other while baking. They will spread as the bake.
Bake the cinnamon rolls in as directed on the can. Take the cinnamon rolls out of the oven. Let them cool.
When the rolls are cooled, frost with the frosting included in the package of cinnamon rolls.
Once the cinnamon rolls are frosted, take your candy eyes and stick two on each cinnamon roll. The icing will act as a glue. Take a candy corn and place it under the candy eyes.
Open the package of pre-cooked bacon. Cut each piece of bacon in half. Carefully stick the bacon halves into the cinnamon roll creases to form turkey feathers.
Your sweet cinnamon turkey rolls are ready to be gobbled up by your hungry family.
Turkey Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 Can large Cinnamon Rolls
- Candy Corn
- Candy Eyes
- Packaged Pre-Cooked Bacon
- Place the cinnamon rolls on a large baking pan or baking sheet. t Make sure to leave enough space in between each cinnamon roll so they do not touch each other while baking. They will get larger while baking.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls in as directed on the can. Take the cinnamon rolls out of the oven. Let them cool.
- When the rolls are cooled, frost with the frosting included in the package of cinnamon rolls.
- Once the cinnamon rolls are frosted, take your candy eyes and stick two on each cinnamon roll. The icing will act as a glue. Take a candy corn and place it under the candy eyes.
- Open package of pre-cooked bacon. Take the bacon and cut each piece in half.
- Stick the bacon halves into the cinnamon roll creases to form turkey feathers.
Leave a Reply