I love recipes with a lot of flavor and this one is full of it! This is one of those dishes that is just down home good and filling. Beef, gravy, pasta and a side of green beans make for an excellent family dinner. Chop everything before you start because this is one of those dishes where once you start cooking, the dish needs your full attention. That said, this came together very quickly.
I used a sirloin roast and just chopped it up. The meat was a little tough, though. If you're feeding more than just two people, I'd double the recipe.
Steak Tips with Mushroom Gravy
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound top sirloin steak, cut in 3/4" cubes
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat butter over medium-high heat.
- Add beef to pan and then season with salt and pepper. Brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove beef from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 Tablespoon butter to pan.
- Add onions and mushrooms and saute for 4 minutes or until at desired tenderness.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute or so.
- Stir in soy sauce.
- Sprinkle flour over mixture and sir to coat.
- Slowly whisk in beef broth to avoid lumps.
- Add desired amount of thyme.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook until thickened (a few minutes).
- Add beef back to pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for another minute.
- Serve over noodles.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 748kcal Calories from fat 310|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 34g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 14g||70%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|