Have you ever read any of the The Sweet Potato Queens' Books? A classmate introduced me to them in law school, when I was looking for anything not serious to read, and they are very entertaining! Well, you can call me the Potato Casserole Queen (only I'm not as funny) because I have a knack for finding really great potato recipes. A friend of mine told me about this amazing recipe that a mutual friend of ours makes. I decided I'd try it out on my Passover guests. I would have eaten some of it myself, except about 15 minutes before we started dinner, I got sick. Nothing like welcoming your guests and then sprinting for the bathroom! That would also explain why the only picture I managed to get is one of the casserole before it was baked. Come to think of it, this story would fit right in with the Sweet Potato Queens…. Anyway, this is a keeper (and thanks, Kim, for sharing the recipe!).
Sour Cream Potato Bake
- 8 medium to large potatoes, cooked and grated
- 1 bunch green onions (take off most of the green part), chopped
- 3 cups sour cream
- 1/2 pound shredded cheese (colby or cheddar)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except cheese in a large bowl.
- Spread mixture into a 9" x 13" baking dish and cover with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 570kcal Calories from fat 243|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 27g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 16g||80%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||32%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This article may contain affiliate links.