S’mores monkey bread is made with cinnamon rolls, marshmallows, chocolate and of course graham crackers. Bake together for a delicious pull apart monkey bread treat.
Monkey bread is one of those recipes that make up childhood memories. It’s so deliciously sweet and sticky to eat. It’s no wonder that it’s a favorite dessert – or breakfast – for families.
We generally make our monkey bread from scratch with a homemade type of biscuit dough. It’s amazing! We’ve also created some fun flavor twists on the traditional monkey bread like Black Cherry Mini Monkey Bread Recipe. That one is for you, mamas! It’s so good.
But kids love fun monkey bread twists, too. So we made a S’mores monkey bread using a can of cinnamon rolls. Do you keep a can or two of these in your fridge like we do? They are so versatile and fun! You can use them to make Easy Apple Slab Pie with Cinnamon Rolls Crust . They are super fun for holidays, too. Check out Turkey Cinnamon Rolls for Thanksgiving or Cinnamon Roll Christmas Trees for Christmas.
S’mores Monkey Bread Ingredients:
- A can of ready to bake cinnamon rolls (with frosting) – any brand is fine
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips – you can use any kind of chocolate like dark or milk in either a chocolate chunk or chocolate chip form.
- Crushed graham crackers
- Vanilla extract
How to Make S’mores Monkey Bread with Cinnamon Rolls:
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Traditionally monkey bread is made in a bundt pan. You can use any pan you like. A loaf pan works well. We have made Homemade From Scratch Monkey Bread Muffins in muffin pans. Our Black Cherry Monkey Bread is made in a mini bundt pan. Both of these are good for individual servings. You can also use a 9 x 13 pan like we did in our King Cake Mardi Gras Monkey Bread. Don’t let the lack of a Bundt pan stop you!
Whichever pan you decide to us, make sure to grease it well. You cans use non-stick spray, butter, or oil. Just make sure it’s good and greased.
Open the can of cinnamon rolls and separate the cinnamon buns. Set frosting aside. Cut each cinnamon roll into 4 pieces. Set those aside.
In a bowl, beat together the egg, melted butter and vanilla. Make sure that the butter is warm and not hot so that it doesn’t cook the eggs when you add it. Add in a tiny pinch of salt – it helps bring out the sweetness.
Add the cut up cinnamon buns, marshmallows, and chocolate to your prepared baking pan. You can layer them one by one or mix it up however you like. Get the kids to help, too.
Slowly pour the butter mixture over the ingredients in the pan. Try to make sure it is equally distributed into pan.
Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool. We have a big debate in our house about when to add frosting. If you add it when it’s hot, then it melts well and spreads all over. But if you wait, then the frosting will remain thicker. It’s up to you when you want to add it. Just remember to also add the graham cracker crumbs, too.
You don’t need to flip this over to eat it. Just slice or scoop it out and enjoy.
- 1 can ready to bake cinnamon rolls (with
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1 egg
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Liberally grease your baking pan with non-stick spray, butter or your preferred oil.
- In a bowl, beat egg. Add melted butter and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Open the cinnamon roll containers and separate into the individual cinnamon rolls. Set the frosting aside.
- Cut each cinnamon roll into 4 pieces.
- Add the cut up cinnamon roll pieces, marshmallows, and chocolate to the baking pan.
- Slowly pour the egg butter mixture over the ingredients in the pan equally.
- Bake in the oven 20 for minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Top with frosting and crushed graham crackers.
- Slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 228mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
Nutrition will depend on the brand of cinnamon rolls used.