Slow Cooker French toast is an easy way to have a delicious breakfast ready to go on a busy morning!
Making breakfast in the slow cooker can be a little tricky. Most breakfast recipes have eggs in them, which means they don't cook for hours at a time. Most slow cooker breakfast recipes only need 2-4 hours to cook.
So what do you do? You don't want to cook the recipe for 4 hours from 11 PM until 3 AM and then leave it on warm until 7 AM. I'm not sure that's safe.
The trick is to use a light timer. Set the timer to turn on at 3 AM and at 7 AM, breakfast is ready!
Seriously, that's one of the coolest kitchen tricks I know!
Making French toast in the slow cooker really couldn't be any easier. The only difference is that the bread isn't slices.
I used an old Challah round bread but any good sturdy bread will work. Challah's are a little sweeter so that's why I like them for French toast. I bet cinnamon bread would be delicious, too!
Pour a mixture of eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla over the bread and let it cook for about 4 hours on low.
You can use more bread and more egg mixture to make a large slow cooker full for a house full of guests or make less for a busy school morning.
Slow Cooker French Toast
- 1/2 loaf of a 24 ounce loaf of bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk, almond milk, etc
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cut bread pieces into quarters.
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Layer half of the bread into the bottom of a slow cooker. Cover with half the egg mixture.
- Layer the remaining half of the bread in to the slow cooker. Cover with remaining egg mixture.
- Allow to sit for a few hours.
- Cook for 2.5 hours on high or 4 hours on low.
- Serve warm with your favorite syrup.
‘); // ]]>This article may contain affiliate links.