We love beef stroganoff, but I had a really hard time finding a good recipe. Until I found this one and I love this version! This recipe starts in the slow cooker and finishes on the stove so it's not very labor intensive at all. Don't let the laundry list of ingredients scare you off — it's very easy! I decreased the amount of sour cream called for in the original because I think it overwhelmed the other flavors and increased the mushrooms because I love them! If your roast is frozen solid just cook it on high in the slow cooker for 2 hours and then on low for another 6 hours.
(I forgot to snap a picture! Sorry! But this is so good, that I still wanted to share.)
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- 1- 1 1/2 pound beef sirloin/round steak roast
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/4cup beef broth (strain and use liquid from slow cooker)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season beef roast with salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker with 1 cup of water.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker and slice (or dice) in to strips (or chunks).
- Melt butter in a large pot. Cook onions, mushrooms and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add in 1/4 cup beef stock. Continue to cook until softened.
- Whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Add 1 cup broth, lemon juice, and vinegar and stir to combine.
- Add in sour cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat through, but do not boil.
- Serve over egg noodles, rice, or (my favorite) toast.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 315kcal Calories from fat 184|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 20g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||55%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|