Ranch potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes. Three simple ingredients combine to make a delicious accompaniment to any meal.
I really love potatoes. They are one of my favorite side dishes. I like potatoes in warm casserole dishes like scalloped potatoes or sour cream potato bake. I really like them as home fries but this is recipe is my favorite ways to eat potatoes. Not only is this dish delicious, but it's also easy to make and you can pretty much use whatever you have on hand.
When making ranch potatoes, I've used a variety of different types of potatoes — anything from red potatoes to regular baking potatoes. You can use any cooking oil – I prefer grapeseed. And you can also use any dry dressing mix. I normally mix up some ranch seasonings, but I've also used Italian seasonings or onion soup mix. We've never been disappointed with this recipe and the only problem I ever have is making enough! I love serving ranch potatoes as a side dish with anything but particularly with Amish baked chicken.
- 2 pounds potatoes, diced or quartered
- 1/4 cup oil (I use grapeseed)
- 1-2 Tablespoons ranch dressing mix
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a plastic bag and add oil.
- Close bag and toss to coat.
- Add ranch dressing mix and toss to coat.
- Bake potatoes in an ungreased baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are done and browned.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 300kcal Calories from fat 125|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 14g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This article may contain affiliate links.