Pumpkin pancakes are a fun and easy way to get in the mood for fall. This diabetic friendly pumpkin pancakes recipe is packed full of healthy and delicious ingredients.
The American Diabetes Association (ADA) is focused on spreading the message that the best prevention for diabetes starts early in life, through maintaining a healthy lifestyle and developing good habits at a young age. I completely agree, so I’m super excited to partner with the the ADA in conjunction with Kitchen PLAY and be a part of 30 Days of Family Health. This month bloggers have joined with the ADA to bring you various recipes found in diabetic cookbooks. Make sure to check out my Fresh Picked Apple Crunch Cake, too!
One of my favorite things about fall is all things pumpkin. Not only does pumpkin taste good, it's also packed full of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. I cook with pumpkin as much and as often as I can. So when I had to choose one recipe out of the Healthy Calendar Diabetic Cookbook, I went looking for a pumpkin recipe. I love this cookbook! It's organized by the calendar so you can choose to the section for the time of year and find great recipes built around foods that are in season. I found this pumpkin pancake recipe in the fall section.
These pumpkin pancakes are so full of flavor – my sister and son both loved them. But I did have a little trouble getting them to cook fully in the middle. I think the batter was just too moist and next time I'll cut back the milk to 1 cup or use just half a can of pumpkin. the recipe below is the exact recipe from The Healthy Calendar Diabetic Cookbook.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 3 tsp Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- Nonstick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, brown sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir mixture until liquid is incorporated and batter is smooth.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Once pan heats up, pour 1/3 cup batter to form pancakes. Cook pancakes until brown on bottom and some bubbles begin to break around edges. Turn pancake over. Cook until brown on bottom and firm to touch in center.
- Repeat procedure until all batter is gone.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1428kcal Calories from fat 355|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 39g||60%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 19g||76%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
This article may contain affiliate links.