So technically, these are mini-muffins because they are baked in a mini-muffin pan, but they taste just like pumpkin donut holes. My kids ate this entire batch in one morning. These are seriously addicting and delicious. I only have 24 min-muffin cups, but had batter left over so I baked the rest of the batter in regular sized muffin cups and they did not turn out as well. I would stick to mini when making these.
10 mins Prep Time
12 mins Cook Time
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sucanat (or brown sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk or 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons buttermilk
- For the coating:
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sucanat (or sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- In a small bowl combine oil, egg, vanilla, sugar, pumpkin and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until combined (leave the lumps!).
- Scoop batter in to well greased mini-muffin cups.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While muffins are baking, melt butter. Stir together cinnamon and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Allow muffins to cool just until they are cool enough to handle.
- Dip the top of muffins in to melted butter and then in to the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
This article may contain affiliate links.